Tuesday, February 21, 2012

To Do NOT


It's been one of those days that seems to go by so fast and yet, I can't for the life of me think of what I got done.  I'm beginning to think "to-do" lists were invented as a mean practical joke.  They do nothing but laugh at me behind my back, and to my face for that matter.  And I have oh, so many of them.  On my frig. On the pad of paper located on the counter.  In my purse.  In my car.  In the purse I keep in the car. On my phone.  On the App I download to my phone to keep "to-do" lists. I'm so organized, I'm unorganized.






On top of all that I had to deal with the dreaded "No Napper" today.  My plans were simple.  Get up, go into town, visit Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby and take pictures of embellishments to replicate at home with my supplies. ('Cause I'm not paying $10 for flowers and glitter stickers).  Instead, there was a power struggle in the house today for over 2 hours.  Didn't he see that "take nap" was on HIS "to-do" list? (Or maybe he did, and I'm just now realizing that the depth of this cruel joke is deeper than I thought).

I put him down.  He would sneak out.  Back down.  Sneak to Mommy's and Daddy's room and play there.  Back down with gate preventing sneakiness. Climb said gate and pretend like I don't see Mommy.

The winner?

Well, there was no clear winner.  I didn't end up going to town, and Braam ended up taking a nap. It was pretty ridiculous really.  He slept on the floor and I in the crib.  Neither gave in.


No comments:

Post a Comment