Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Your Day Artwork


 For me, color, is where a card starts.  If I can find the right combination of colors the cards come together so easily.  And, I'm loving the new color combos I'm seeing for fall in all the fashion magazines. They go great with the fun and funky stamp set It's Your Day.  

This card is a take off of the square blocking that designers are showcasing in their collections.  Bright pops of color and a simple block pattern is all you need to be a card fashionista!

 The Outdoor Denim and Lagoon give a nautical sense.  I've noticed that the colors white and natural browns are used to tie the colors together, so I added a CTMH Wooden Button and love the outcome.  Those fashion people may be on to something:)


Butterflies have a way of making you feel good.  I added a bit of burlap ribbon to go with their soft effect and some sparkle. I love the simplicity of this card.

CTMH Supplies Used:

Inks and Cardstock in Lagoon, Outdoor Denim, and Sunset, and White Daisy
It's Your Day Stamp Set -Sept. Special
Z1387 Wooden Buttons
Z1760 Burlap Ribbon
Z1385 Designer Ribbon Blue Collection
Z1327 Sparkles Blue and Green Assortment
Z1751 Baker's Twine Harvest
Z1701 Baker's Twine Newtral

No comments:

Post a Comment